Civil Engineering Projects
The discipline of civil covers many aspects of projects which includes designs, management of resources, etc and these projects include:-
- Sikhuphe airport infrastructure including apron, parking services as well electrical reticulation.
- Infrastructure development for Biotechnology park in Nokwane, Matsapha
- City Wide Sewage for Manzini and Mbabane (Design, and Construction Supervision of new outfall sewers – which are pressure mains, sewer reticulation and treatment for Mbabane and Manzini).
- Design Review of a 45km road through mountains territory (Luyengo – Sicunusa road) and Construction Monitoring.
- Upgrading and Rehabilitation of 65 km roads (Big-Bend – Lavumisa)
- Detailed Design, Tender Documentation and Assistance with Tender Evaluation for Gwamile Widening and Mphakatsi-Polinjane/Lidwala Roads for Municipal Council of Mbabane
- Design, of Roads and Drainage in Ngwenya Village for Ngwenya Townboard
- Upgrading of secondary roads in Hhohho District ( Mananga – Sihhoye 14km, Dvokolwako-Manzana - 5.70km)
- Upgrading and rehabilitation of various urban roads for the Ezulwini municipality
- Upgrading and rehabilitation of various urban roads for Municipal Council of Manzini
- Provision infrastructure for Ezulwini offices (including electrical reticulation and street lighting) – (new upmarket township)
- Provision infrastructure for Manzini Business Park (including electrical Reticulation)
- Design of Township services (including water supplies and sewage disposal systems) for Tubungu extension 1,2,3 & 4, Thembelihle (Mbabane), Nkanini (Nhlangano), Matsapha, Helemisi and BonnaCord Township.
- Design of a 25km road through bush land D97-D35 roads for Ministry of Public Works
- Tubungu extension 4 – infrastructure design for various plots
- Civil works for various building projects including Veterinary hospital Manzini, Medical Stores in Matsapha, Thesavuma Starch Factory, Factory shells Matsapha and Siteki
- Traffic and Public Transport studies for Municipal Council of Manzini, Ezulwini & Mbabane (which involved the data collection and analysis for the CBD, main entry roads and commuter routes. This covered traffic, intersection design, traffic light requirements and the identification of warrants for such installations, intersection improvements, pedestrian routes, bus station positioning, parking surveys etc)
- Design for construction of roads within Mbabane (Mahwalala – Nkwalini roads)
- Design and supervision of installation of traffic lights in Matsapha.
- Design and Supervision for the construction of Nhlangano Waste Water Treatment
- Mhobodleni Greenfield site infrastructure design.
- Msunduza upgrading (UDP Project) for Swaziland National Housing Board, involved in upgrading of roads, footpaths water and sewers, as well as the installation of streetlighting in an existing township in Mbabane
- Water supply and storage design for Siphofaneni (Swaziland Water Services Corporation)
- Matsapha Industrial Estate expansion (30 kms of surfaced roads) as well as administering the maintenance contract for the existing roads in the estate.
Bicon’s aim is to serve client with professionalism, integrity and independence of judgement, whilst at the same time positively contributing to the well-being of the community, and when involved in a project or application of technology, to do its best to ensure that the affected parties are identified, properly informed and consulted.